§ 1. General provisions
1. The Data Controller will ensure that every effort is made to ensure that personal data is processed with the greatest respect for the privacy of the individuals whose data is being processed, and with the greatest care for the security of the personal data being processed. In particular, it will ensure that appropriate measures are taken, as provided for by law, to ensure the security of personal data.
2. The Data Controller represents that it applies technical and organisational measures to ensure appropriate protection of the processed personal data, and in particular against it being made available to unauthorised entities, taken away by an unauthorised entity, processed in violation of the law, or changed, lost, damaged or destroyed.
3. In the event of any doubts or questions concerning the protection of personal data, please contact us at the email address: email@example.com
§ 2. Definitions
1) Data Controller – it means the Information Society Development Foundation with its registered office at: 17 Kopernika Street, 00-359 Warsaw, entered in the register of associations, other social and professional organisations, foundations and independent public healthcare institutions of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the City of Warsaw, XXII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number: 0000303048, holding tax identification number (NIP): 525-242-41-91,
2) personal data – it means personal data obtained from the Participants, including gender, name, surname, email, telephone number and social media profiles, thanks to which it is possible to identify an individual directly or indirectly,
3) Festival – it means a cyclical event known as Sektor 3.0 Festival, intended for more than 500 representatives of non-governmental organisations and institutions operating in or on behalf of the local environment, with the participation of foreign guests and people interested in innovative solutions, who share a passion for discovering new technologies and sharing knowledge with others.
4) Software – it means web browsers that the Participant may use in order to access the Portal;
5) Cookies – it means IT data constituting, in particular, text files that are stored on the Participant’s Device and are intended for use when accessing the Portal’s websites,
6) Processing of personal data – it means any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collecting, recording, organising, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, deleting or erasing;
7) Regulations of the Festival – it means the document setting out the principles of participation at the Festival, as well as the rights and obligations of the Data Controller and the Participants;
8) Registration – it means the process of the Participant applying through the form made available on the Portal;
9) the Portal – it means the website operating at the address: https://sektor3-0.pl/
10) Device – it means an electronic device through which the Participant gains access to the Portal, in particular: PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones;
11) Participant – it means a person for whom the electronic services are provided, in accordance with the Regulations and the provisions of law, and who participate in the Festival.
§ 3. Processing of Personal Data
1. The personal data of the Participants will be processed in connection with the application to and participation at the Festival, the provision of electronic services on the Portal and for direct marketing purposes, as well as for asserting possible claims and for statistical purposes. The data is processed in an automated way.
2. The personal data is processed primarily in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter: GDPR) (OJ L119/1).
3. In accordance with Article 13(1) and (2) of GDPR the legal basis for data processing is the consent of the Participant and the legally justified interest of the Data Controller.
4. In the event that there are any plans to process the Participant’s personal data for a purpose other than which it was collected for, the Participant will be informed before such processing begins. In addition, the Data Controller will provide all the relevant information in this respect.
5. The personal data is provided voluntarily, but it is necessary in order to take part in the Festival. A failure to provide the data makes registering for the Festival impossible.
6. The Data Controller processes or may process the following personal data of the Participant, which the Participant gives voluntarily during the Registration for the Festival:
1) surname and first name;
4) profiles in social media;
5) email address;
6) telephone number.
7. We undertake to constantly monitor and periodically verify the period of processing the personal data, and to erase or anonymise personal data after the indicated processing period.
8. The personal data will be stored for the period necessary to carry out the above mentioned purposes, i.e. for the time of the Festival, for any direct marketing based on the legally justified interest of the Data Controller, as well as for the period necessary to secure any possible claims in accordance with the statute of limitations specified in the Civil Code.
10. Due to the use of IT solutions, i.e. Google Suite and Hopin, provided by entities from outside the European Union, e.g. from Great Britain or Canada, the Data Controller may transfer personal data to Canada, based on Standard Contractual Clauses.
11. The Data Controller declares that it uses tools designed to analyse traffic on the Portal, such as Google Analytics and similar. Only anonymous data is used, for the purposes of market research and internet traffic on the Portal, for statistical purposes, in particular to assess the interest in the content of the Portal, and to improve its content.
§ 4. Cookies
2. The Portal uses two basic types of Cookies:
1) session – these are temporary files that are stored on the Participant’s Device until logging out, leaving the Portal or switching off the Software;
2) permanent – these are files stored on the Participant’s Device as specified in the parameters of the Cookies, or until their deletion by the Participant.
3. All or some of the following types of Cookies may be used in the Portal:
1) “necessary”, which enable the use of services available on the Portal;
2) “efficient”, which enable the collection of information on the way in which the Portal is used;
3) “functional”, which help maintain the settings selected by the Participant and personalise the Participant’s interface, e.g. through the language, font size, appearance of the website;
4) “advertising”, which make it possible to provide the Participant with advertising content more suited to their interests.
4. The Cookies mentioned in sections 2 and 3 of this paragraph are used for the purpose of:
1) adjusting the content of the Portal to the Participant’s preferences and optimising its use; in particular, this enables the Portal to be recognised and displayed on the Participant’s Device, adjusted to his/her individual preferences;
2) creating statistics that support the observation of the Participant’s use of the Portal, which improves its structure and content;
3) maintaining the Participant’s session on the Portal (after logging in), thanks to which the Participant does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Portal, and Products, once added to the basket, are remembered.
5. The solutions applied on the Portal’s website are safe for the Participant’s devices using this website.
§ 5. The Participant’s Rights
1. The Participant has the right to access his or her personal data, and the right to correct the data at any time.
2. In the case of Processing personal data based on the consent given, the data subject has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time, by making a declaration, in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the Processing of personal data that was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
3. The Participant has the right to correct, supplement, update, correct and request the erasure of his or her personal data.
4. The Participant has the right to object to the processing of personal data when the Participant considers that the Processing of the personal data of the Participant violates the provisions on personal data. Any objections should be lodged with the President of the Personal Data Office.
5. In order to correct, complete, update, correct, erase and object to the processing of their personal data, the Participant should send a request to the following email address: email@example.com.
6. The Participant can restrict or disable access to its Device by the Cookies. If this option is used, it will be possible to use the Portal, excluding certain functionalities that require Cookies.
7. The Participant may at any time change the settings concerning the Cookies. These settings may be changed, in particular, in such a way as to block the automatic handling of the Cookies in the settings of the internet browser, or to make a notification each time they are placed on the Participant’s Device. Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling Cookies are available in the Software settings.
8. The Participant may delete Cookies at any time using the available functions in the web browser he or she uses.
§ 6. Final Provisions
1. Links to other websites may appear on the Portal. Such websites operate independently of the Data Controller and are not supervised by it in any way. These sites may have their own privacy policies and regulations, which we recommend that you read.